Friday, December 4, 2015

Portland Continued

I forgot to include that my BiazarroCon reader got me talking about some relatively unique experience and traits of mine, which culminated in the realization that perhaps I have a good piece of creative non-fiction in me.  I can't share the details here because I don't want to ruin it when I write it and hopefully get it published.

Additionally, we conversed over fitness, and especially swimming and my snobbish attitude about people who "run," including joggers.  He thought this was funny, comparing it to snobs who only do yoga.  Don't get me wrong, I used to be a jogger, but now I realize how bad it can be, and it's just not as sexy as swimming.  Of course, I don't only swim.  I also use resistance bands, weights, park equipment, body weight, a hula hoop, and even a jump rope.  However, swimming is the activity I do most consistently.  I told him of how I viewed the pool as a retreat with therapeutic value.  I told him how I hated to find others from the neighborhood in the pool, how I want it all to myself.  A more in-depth entry is overdue on this subject at my Wordpress site.     

Anyhow, that's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment