Thursday, December 3, 2015

Pumped Up In Portland

It was about three weeks ago that I had an unexpected encounter with one of my readers.  I was in Portland for BizarroCon 2015.  I was at the Eraserhead Press Party, a little bored, when this guy approached me and asked about my blog (I asked him "which one?" since I have five).  I immediately remembered him (as the Save Portland from Hell guy) from the Wonderland Awards banquet from the previous year, he was the last person I expected to be a reader.  I honestly didn't think that I made a substantial impression on him.

Go figure, he was particularly a fan of the Allie MacDonald posts; he could relate to the penetrating truths that I laid down.  He encouraged me to renew my efforts, something I was already planning on. There are movies that need reviewing (now out on video, one still not).

Lately, I've been very committed to my fitness and travels, I imagine blog posts are forthcoming on these pursuits.  I've been too single-minded to blog about these activities in real time.  Plus, I needed to take a break from social media.

Anyhow, I made this reader from Portland, who shall remain unnamed, although you could probably look him up, laugh a few times, and we had a late night snack at The Power Station restaurant at Edgefield Hotel (the location of BizarroCon).  Cajun tots and pizza were had, and he proved a world class tipper, relative to the bill.  

He also spoke of some personal issues in my presence.  His openness to me was humbling.

Every once in a while you have an encounter that renews passions and keeps you going.  This was one of those.

Some of the movies to be reviewed:

Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation
The Man from U.N.C.L.E. 
Terminator Genisys
Sicario
...

No comments:

Post a Comment